Friday, January 1, 2016
Caribbean Goat, Michael's West Indian, Ukrainian Cookery & more -- The Top 5 Food Posts of 2015!
A few days ago we posted the Top Ten Blog Posts of 2015 on The Left Chapter. As any regular reader of this blog knows, The Left Chapter also has many food posts. This year, as with the political posts, many of them were also contributed by several different lefty foodies!
There have been posts about Beef Shank Potato Carrot Dutch Oven Casserole, Southern Style Chicken Wings Stove-top Deep Fried, Maria's Pork Schnitzel with Oma Philomena's Potato Salad, Zucchini Fundido, Spinach, Mushroom and Walnut Pie, Pesto pepper steak with sour cream & pickled peperoncini, Fiery Caribbean style peel-and-eat shrimp, and even, yes, a Sardine Sandwich with Sauteed Spinach, Garlic & Jalapeno!
I want to thank everyone who contributed recipes to the blog and to our readership for such a great launch and I look forward to what 2016 brings.
Here, without further ado, are the top five food posts for 2015:
1) Caribbean Style Goat with Potatoes in a Dutch Oven
2) Michael's West Indian Flavor: Perfect Oxtail in New Toronto
3) Ukrainian Cookery Recipes w. Borscht, Vareniki, Cabbage Rolls & more -- Vintage Cookbook
(This post actually led to the #9 post of the year Ukrainian "Scalloped Beef" Revisited)
4) Sauteed Seasoned Chicken Breasts in a Garlic Mushroom Sauce
5) BBQ Grilled Yellow Hot Peppers with Prosciutto & Cream Cheese
Thanks again for a great first year. See you in 2016.
Do you have a left point-of-view or opinion, a recipe or a story you want to share?
Send them to The Left Chapter via firstname.lastname@example.org!